Tuesday 24 January 2012

Collection 2000


Lasting Perfection Concealer and Powder
I have noticed on a few blogs that people have mentioned a couple of times about the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer and have said how good it was at covering blemishes and dark circles. While I was in Superdrug the other day I noticed that this was currently on offer £3.69 (this has now gone back up to full price £4.19 ) so I thought I would give it a try and see if I was missing out on something. While I was there I also picked up the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection powder was also on offer £2.49 (this has now gone back up to full price £2.99)

As this is a wand applicator concealer, I find using the wand applicator straight onto the skin could spread bacteria and maybe cause your spots to get worse. Instead I put a pea size amount on the back of my hand and used a concealer brush to apply it. I think this did a good job in covering my blemishes and reducing the redness. I found you could add more concealer if needed and it didn’t make your skin look cakey like some concealers do when you apply them afew times over and over. It would definitely be something I would buy if I ever run out of concealer and need one ASAP. But I don’t think it will convert me from using my beloved MAC Select Cover Up concealer. I just find the MAC concealer covered my imperfections just that little bit better.

I have been searching for a while for a powder that is good at setting my Make-up and providing a good finish. Most of them that I have tried just left my Make-up looking really cakey and looked like I have applied it using a trowel. But I have to say I was really impressed with this powder. I applied this to my face at 8.00am and when I checked at lunch time my Make-up was still in place. There was no shine and I didn’t have to reapply!! I was amazed.

Overall, while I would only buy the concealer in an emergency, I would definitely be buying the powder again.

Has anyone tried either of these products and what did you think? Let me know xx


2 comments:

  1. I agree about the concealer. It's good and is definitely great for under eye circles but I'm a MAC studio finish lover and I don't think any liquid concealer could compete with unbelievable airbrushing power that stuff has got.

    I'll definitely check out that powder! Thanks for the review xxx


    Maisyetc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks:) Definitely try the powder. It is really good xx

    ReplyDelete