Sunday 4 March 2012

February Favourites - Part Two

Make Up
Benefit The Porefessional -  I bought this awhile ago and used it once, wasn't too impressed so i put it to the back of my make-up drawer. Then after reading various blogs and found how people used it i thought i would give it another go and im glad i did. I use this as a primer to even out my skin and to provide a good base for my foundation. I put a pea size amount onto the pads of my fingers and apply all over my face. I then leave it to settle on my skin for about 5 mins then apply my foundation. My foundation goes on easily and evenly. As its oil free i free it keeps my shiny skin at bay and my foundation seems to last all day. I would recommend this 100% to anyone who is looking for a foundation base/primer. This is definitely at the top of my list.

Garnier Roll-On in Light -  I don't really suffer from dark circles but when i do think i need to apply under-eye concealer i turn to this. I dab 3 spots of the concealer under my eye, pat it in into my skin and the dark areas disappear. I have tried afew of the high end under-eye concealer but I've found this does the job so much better and at under £10 i think its a bargain.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in Fresco - This is really my holy grail foundation. I don't know how i've coped before i've discovered this. Im sure you've read other reviews and blogs about how great this foundation it and their not wrong. It really is sooooo wonderful. Its last all day, no need to reapply during the day, covers blemishes and provides amazing coverage.I find that using a normal foundation brush to apply this works best for me as i feel that it covers my blemishes better and i prefer the finish when compared to other make-up brushes. If you haven't tried this foundation then get down to your local Estee Lauder counter and ask for a sample. Once you've tried it you won't use another foundation.

MAC Select Cover-up Concealer in NW20 -   I've used this concealer for afew years now and love it. I find that its the only concealer i've found that covers my spots they best. I can keep on applying the concealer until im happy with the coverage and it doesn't leave my skin looking cakey, where when i've tried other concealers and applied the concealer afew times my skin looks worse than before I had applied my make up. Its so light and easily to apply. I know that this will always feature in my make up bag.

Benefit Boi-ing in 01 - After the MAC concealer this concealer comes in a close 2nd place. I mainly use this to cover the redness round my nose as i find it provides that bit more coverage than my MAC concealer. Easy to apply and blend. I wouldn't recommend this to cover blemishes as i don't think it covers them that well as sometimes it appears cakey but to cover the Rosacea i have it does the job well.

TOPSHOP Blush in Neon Rose - I use this when i need to apply some colour to my cheeks quickly, I love cream blushes and out of all of them this range is my favourite. The coverage is great and lasts nearly all day. Too add a quick touch of colour during the day this is the best.

RIMMEL Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 005 Silky Beige - I first heard of this after reading afew reviews on a number of blogs. I decided to try it for myself and it has now replaces my MAC powder. It sets my make-up amazingly, doesn't make my powder look like I've applied it using a trowel, keeps my face shine free all day and best of all when I apply the powder at 8.00am and check my make-up at lunch time it still looks fresh, like I've just applied it. I can't recommend this product enough. If you haven't tried it, you must!

Sleek Brow Kit in Dark - After over-plucking my eyebrows I needed something to help fill them in and make them look normal again. I've always been tempted to try out a brow kit but was never too sure but when I saw that the Sleek did a brow kit and for under a tenner I thought i would give it ago. After following the instructions on the box I found it so easy to apply. I'm really happy with this product and even more happy that my eye-brows are close to being back to normal.

Have you tired any of the products I've been using in February. If you have, what have you thought of them? Let me know :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment