Saturday 19 May 2012

A bit of a disappointment :(

Hey Guys,

I have always wanted to try a Bourjois foundation as they always get good reviews. When I was in Boots the other week and saw that their new foundation, Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation, was on offer I thought its now or never.

It contains 3 colour correcting pigments;
1 - Yellow pigments - conceals dark circles for a rest look
2 - Mauve pigments - correct dullness for radiance
3 - Green pigments - neutralises redness for an even out the complexion

This ticks all the boxes I want from a foundation. I decided to go for shade 52. I couldn't wait to try it so the next day I used this instead of my beloved Estee Lauder Double wear foundation.




The next morning I followed the same skincare steps as normal and applied the foundation using my lovely real Techniques strippling brush.

The first thing I noticed when I started to apply the foundation was that the coverage wasn't as full as I normally like. I needed to apply several coats until I was fully happy with it. It covered the blemishes I had OK but I needed to apply quite abit of concealer until they weren't as noticeable. It's quite water based so maybe this could have been the problem I was having.

After finishing applying my powder and blusher etc I set off for work. At lunch time I went to the toilet and checked my face and was horrified by what I saw. My foundation had completely worn off. It was like it had melted away!! Lucky for me I decided to put my double wear foundation in my Make-Up bag that day so I quickly applied it.

I was so disappointed that this had not worked for me. I love my high end foundation but sometimes I can't always afford them and was looking for a high street foundation that I could use when I don't have much money. 

I am hoping that this is just a one off and that there is a high street foundation out there that will work for me. I have got my eye on a couple more I want to try so hopefully in the next week or so I will give these ago and have some good news.

Do you use any high street foundation? Which one's have worked for you? Let me know :) xx





No comments:

Post a Comment